MESSAGE FROM OUR GROUP MANAGING DIRECTOR
Join our Company as an apprentice, and you’ll occupy a very special place within our business.
Quite simply, you are key to our future.
That’s because it’s your talents and your ambitions that will enable us to keep growing, keep innovating and keep competing with the very best in the world.
So at every stage, you can expect to have significant time and money invested in your development. You’ll benefit from some of the best training around, and gain qualifications that will give you a great start in your career. Perhaps even more importantly, you’ll have the chance to learn from world-class colleagues, and experience the kind of landmark projects that anyone would want on their CV.
But that’s all in the future. For now, you need to decide which area of our business is right for you. We’re a big company with many specialist divisions, so there’s no single apprenticeship scheme here. Instead, we have a number of distinct routes and each one is tailored to the specific demands of that career path.
Nigel Whitehead | Group Managing Director
Our core Values help shape who we are as a Company and underpin all that we do.
- Trusted: We deliver on our commitments. We are honest and take responsibility so that we can be relied upon. In our organisation, everyone’s contribution matters.
- Innovative: We create leading-edge solutions by valuing the imagination and experience within our organisation. We empower teams and work together to turn our ideas and technologies into solutions.
- Bold: We constructively challenge and take the initiative, operating with tenacity and resolve. We accept challenges and manage risk and set ourselves stretching goals.
- Over 400 apprentices recruited each year
- Our apprenticeships are rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
- We are a Times Top 50 Employers for Women
- We are the UK’s biggest employer of professional engineers (circa 18,000 in total)
- Many of our apprentices go on to win regional & national apprentice awards
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click on a question to reveal the answer…
- Do you only recruit engineering apprentices?
- I’m not a UK National, can I still apply?
- Can I apply for more than one apprenticeship opportunity?
- What happens once I have submitted my application?
- If I am unsuccessful can I apply again next year?
- Will the company support me to gain additional qualifications?
- Are you committed to corporate responsibility?
- What happens when I finish my apprenticeship?
- Can I apply if I have a degree?
- When do you open and close for applications to the Apprentice Scheme?
- How long is the selection process?
- Will I be required to travel during the selection process?
- Will I be reimbursed for travel expenses?
- How long is an apprenticeship at BAE Systems?
- If successful, when would I start?
- If successful, would I be able to receive help with relocating if I need to relocate?
- If I am unsuccessful, will this affect me if I apply next year?
- Who can I contact if I have any questions?